L.J. Star, Inc. is a leading provider of engineered products for a variety of processing industries. As a Cleveland area company with over 25 years of experience, we continue to make exciting progress as an industry leader. We have an immediate need to add an Associate Quality Control Engineer to our dedicated team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and oversee a quality control program for incoming and outgoing product.
- Provide technical support for the Inside Sales Team, as well as support the Technical Manager.
- Apply knowledge of general engineering principles, materials and manufacturing processes to achieve product design, manufacturing and quality requirements.
- Monitor manufacturing processes and customer requirements to assure products are produced to required specifications.
- Ensure all required regulatory requirements in the production and documentation of products are met (ex. ISO, UL/ETL/CSA/ATEX, ASME, EPA, OSHA, BPE, etc.).
- Responsible for outside agency, supplier and customer audits.
- Verifies that all (internal and external) product required testing is completed according to established standards (material certifications, pressure testing, PMA, x-ray, etc.).
- Conducts monthly Quality Improvement Team (QIT) and ISO meetings with continuous improvement methods and resolution of quality issues.
- Monitors and assures that production processes are carried out following required safety standards (OSHA). Conducts employee training as required.
- Manage the ECR process, impact on inventory and phase in of new designs.
- Maintain product documentation (drawings, specifications, procedures).
- Provide innovative design solutions in responding to current product support, RFQ’s and R&D efforts in the development and commercialization of new products.
- Perform design analysis as required & provide input for design and data sheet specifications.
- Develop and monitor project plans, schedules, costs and contingencies to support the quoting, customer order, manufacturing and shipment process.
- Proficient with AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD Inventor, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of general design engineering and DFMA principles, component manufacturing processes, tooling methodologies, material properties, and quality control methods.
- Knowledgeable with track record and ability to employ and constantly improve ISO Certified procedures, 6 Sigma, Lean principles.
- Mechanical Aptitude with strong math skills.
- Ability to work with a cross functional team including production, sales, management, marketing.
- Project management skills are an asset.
- Technical writing is required for protocols, testing results, procedures, product documentation, status & special reports preferred.
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree. Technical degree with prior engineering related experience.
- 2-5 plus years of experience in a manufacturing environment with an engineering role.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, have a desire to work in a challenging yet fun environment with a stable well-established company, let us know by applying today:
Thank you for your interest in L.J. Star’s Associate Quality Control Engineer position, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
LJ Star, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. We are committed to a safe and drug free workplace.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. L.J. Star is an at-will employer, which means that either party is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.